The English Ministries Department of the Greater New York Conference is committed to spiritual growth in our daily lives through the power of the Holy Spirit, and to sharing the everlasting gospel throughout the Greater New York metropolitan area.
- Practice spiritual disciplines of prayer, fasting, Bible study and spiritual accountability.
- Practice kindness and patience towards one another.
- Take time to unplug from our busy schedule and social media to listen to God’s voice. 4. Examine whether our thoughts and way of life are in harmony with the Word of God.
- Re-engage youth in worship and church involvement.
- Develop a youth mentoring program.
- Create an innovative program to strengthen inter-generational relationships through workshops, social events, mentoring and volunteerism.
- Encourage church members to identify three church members they don’t know or have never met and get to know them.
- Continue the “Growing Young” program to increase retention and engagement in mission and leadership by young adults.
- Partner with local community leaders to identify the practical needs of the community.
- Administer a spiritual gifts assessment each year for members to identify their spiritual gifts for use in ministry.
- Use social media (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok etc.) as tools of engagement and soul winning.
- Continue to support and enable our pastors and engage lay persons to use traditional and innovative evangelism methods that will effectively reach the changing demographics of their local church.
- Encourage each member to invite three people to a sponsored community event, an evangelistic series, or to church.
- Have back to school drives—backpack give aways with school supplies.
- Have winter coat drives.
- Aim for 400-600 new baptisms each year collectively among the thirty one churches.
- Create an educational fund to help families who meet the criteria with financial assistance to help them send or keep their kid(s) in Seventh-day Adventist Christian schools.
- Identify creative way to fundraise to support Adventist Christian education.
- Maintain and improve the infrastructure of the church buildings.
- Strategically establish 2-3 new church plant congregations.